We Offer Custom Builds If You Have Something Specific In Mind
You have questions,
We have answers
Although making a large purchase can be stressful, at Lifespark Tiny Homes & Construction we guide you through the journey to a bigger life in a smaller home. We truly believe in the idea that life is about the experiences you have with the people you love. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of important information on Frenquently Asked Questions about the purchasing and preparation process here at Lifespark.
Q1. What is the overall process of buying a LifeSpark Tiny Home?
- To begin the process, you can reach out to us with any questions, and once you have a solid idea of what you want, we will create an agreement for the size and price of your tiny home. To have the build added to our schedule we require a 60% down payment, which allows us to project a finish date for your home so that you can plan the necessary steps for your location, foundation, and set-up. After we have completed your build the remaining 40% payment is due, after which your building will be scheduled for delivery and you will be on your way to enjoying your new LifeSpark Tiny Home.
Q2. How much will the delivery for a build cost?
- Delivery costs approximately $8 - $18 per mile with a $2,500 minimum for the company we recommend to move our tiny homes. It is important to choose a company that has experience moving tiny homes with efficiency and care. We also recommend that any moving company chosen offers insurance coverage in case of unforeseen circumstances that would cause damage to your home.
Q3. What is the necessary set up for a tiny home?
- The most important thing you will decide is where your home will be placed and what type of foundation you want. Once the home is delivered, you will also need to ensure that any utilities you wish to have connected to your tiny home are installed by a licensed professional. You will need to hire a licensed plumber & electrician to get the home connected to water, sewer and power. Our smallest home is ready to be connected to the water & sewer. All other homes need drops installed, then connected. You can expect this cost to $3,000-$5,000
Q4. What type of foundation is needed and how much would it cost?
- Our homes are built on steel I-beams so they can be placed on any type of foundation such as directly on the ground, block & leveled, and on a basement foundation. However, we strongly recommend a concrete slab to enjoy the most longevity. You will need to have the foundation ready for placement of the home prior to delivery. We will provide needed measurements for the slab according to the size of the home. All these options of course vary in price, depending on the type of foundation (or no foundation at all), the size of the home and the area you are in, so you can expect this to cost on average $3,000-$5,000 depending on the area and contractor.
Q5. What is the timeframe that it usually takes to build a tiny home?
- LifeSpark is a small business and we prefer to limit our workload to ensure that you are receiving the best quality of craftsmanship throughout the build. Depending on the size of the home and schedule availability, build time typically ranges from 3-5 months from the projected start date.
Q6. What size homes does LifeSpark offer?
- 160 sq. ft. – 740 sq. ft, or completely finished up to 800 sq. ft. Our custom tiny homes can range from anything like a single room office build to a multiroom home for an entire family. With LifeSpark, if you can dream it, we will work with you to make that dream come true.
Q7. What is the pricing like for a tiny home?
- We typically charge approximately $200 / sq. ft., this pricing will include all taxes and appliance costs once the home has been totally finished out. Of course, our homes are fully customizable so the price can vary depending on what your specific needs are.
Q8. What appliances are included?
- We offer many different types of appliances such as a tankless water heater, generator hook up, stackable or combo washer & dryer units, a freezer/fridge unit, dishwasher, stove top, and full bathroom, which are base offers on most LifeSpark models. For the Dakota models specifically, we also offer a microwave option. Unfortunately, we do not offer a washer & dryer space in the Micro Pod, but the unit does come with other features such as a TV, pull out sofa, Bluetooth speakers throughout, a built-in vacuum, a wardrobe, and a fold out table with two chairs. Of course, our homes can be fully customized so that you can decide what’s best for you and your tiny home.
Q9. How do we build?
- Our Tiny Homes are truly what is considered “over built,” not only do we include a range of appliances, features, and fixtures in our homes, but we also ensure that our building quality exceeds national framing codes such as:
- Steel I – Beam foundation to ensure your home stays where you put it.
- Flooring is 2x8’s 12” On Center (apart) to withstand every day wear and tear.
- Ceiling is 2x6’s 16” On Center (apart) for a durable roof that will keep you dry in all types of weather.
- Hurricane Straps securing your entire roof, board by board, to the foundation.
- Walls are 2x4’s 16” On Center (apart) so that your home has plenty of support for years to come.
- Rafter ties, as well as ceiling and floor joists give an added level of safety when it comes to ensuring your home stays together at every single angle
Q10. What are some custom options LifeSpark offer?
- We pride ourselves on being a fully custom “over built” tiny home manufacturer, and that means we are ready to make your dreams come true. Some of the custom options we offer include:
- Off Grid
- Tub/Showers in Combination OR Separate
- Full or Partial Kitchen
- Loft and Under-Storage
- Porch Additions
- On wheels
- Custom Accent Features such as Fireplaces and Furniture
- Window and Door Customizations
- Custom Furniture
Q11. What are some other construction services does Lifespark offer?
- Although we are a Tiny Home builder first and foremost, our skilled craftsmen have a wide range of knowledge and skills, so we also over many other types of buildings and additions, like:
- Overbuilt Moveable Homes
- Office Spaces
- Green Houses
- Hunting Cabins
- Man Caves, She Sheds and Playhouse
- Game Rooms
- Art or Music Studios
- Van Conversions
- Food Trucks
- Porch and Deck Additions
- Gazebos and Pergolas
- Cat Towers and Dog Houses
- And Much More!
Lifespark Homes & Construction is a custom builder based in Abilene & Clyde Texas with Nationwide delivery on tiny homes and play housed. If you’re wanting something custom built, Lifespark Homes is one of the best builders in the Abilene Texas area.