How we build
LET US MAKE IT SIMPLE
At LifeSpark, we understand how nerve wracking it can be to embark on a new journey, especially when it comes to purchasing a home. That is why we have put together a breif overview of our general building specifications. Whether you need more information before making a final decision or providing provisions for approval from 3rd parties, our build specifications will help answer your questions and make your Tiny Home purchase a walk in the park.
BUILD SPECIFICATION OVERVIEW
- Two 5” x 8” steel I-Beams spaced 92” apart outside to outside runs the length of building connected by 4” steel pipe every 8’.
- 2×8 floor joists 12” O.C.
- Double end plates, single side plates (or rim joists), joist hangers on all floor joists, Tyvek on top of all floor joists, floor decking is ¾” tongue and groove OSB.
- 2×4 walls 16” O.C.
- All headers are 2×6 doubled with ½” OSB in between
- Window seal plates are double
- Everything built load bearing
- All studs have rafter ties top and botton
- Wrapped with Tyvek
- 2×6 roof system 16” O.C.
- 6” of overhang
- 2×8 ridge board
- Joist hangers at ridge board
- Hurricane straps at top plate of wall
- Tyvek on top of roof rafters
- Topped with ½” OSB for roof decking
- All plate Splices are alternated
- 2 studs with all three 12” blocks make the wall corners
- 3 studs make a T box where interior walls intersect
- Fire blocks at 48” high throughout all walls
- All walls have double top plate
- Walls are 7’10” high
- Homes with lofts will have 7’ high interior walls
- I-beams 8” tall
- 2×8 floor joists 7.5” tall
- Walls: 7’ 10”
- Roof: 3’ 7 ¾”
- Overall framed height from ground to peak 12’10”
- Overall finished height from ground to peak 13’
Lifespark Homes & Construction is a custom builder based in Abilene & Clyde Texas with Nationwide delivery on tiny homes and play housed. If you’re wanting something custom built, Lifespark Homes is one of the best builders in the Abilene Texas area.